Black mold is a greenish-black told, which tends to grow on material with a high cellulose and low nitrogen content, such as fiberboard, paper, lint, and dust. Mold growth occurs when there is moisture from water damage, excessive humidity, water leaks, condensation, or flooding.
Excessive moisture is the major cause for most type of mold growth. However, since all molds should be treated with the same chemicals and immediate removal due to health risks, it is not necessary to determine what type of mold you may have.
Moulds produce allergens (substances that can cause an allergic reaction), irritants and, sometimes, toxic substances. Inhaling or touching mould spores may cause an allergic reaction, such as sneezing, a runny nose, red eyes and skin rash. Moulds can also cause asthma attacks.
Not all mold exposure causes health risk, however, some people are more sensitive to molds. These people will experience negative effects; physical symptoms.
It is possible, however, for some people to have more severe reactions to these common toxic molds. Severe reactions may occur among workers exposed to large amounts of molds in occupational settings, and heavy untreated black mold within the home. These severe effects may include symptoms like fever, and shortness of breath. People with chronic lung diseases like COPD are at increased risk for these mold infections and may develop fungal infections in their lungs, which can increase the health risks associated with toxic black and/or white molds.
Call us today on 01633 840 287